Sunday 22 January 2012

New Obsession: Downton Abbey

I cannot even fully explain this new love. Only that is has gripped my heart and tears have been (proudly) shed.

One can also hear me cackling at Maggie Smith's brilliant one liners and equally hilarious facial expressions.

I'm a bit late jumping on this bandwagon as the first series came out in 2010 I think and I've just had a marathon of the two seasons. But it was the most amazing marathon in the world!

The second series definitely tops the first, the women finally seem to have a purpose once the war starts and irritating sisterly feuds are put to one side and even deeper issues are addressed. Scary stuff, not for the weak hearted (or those who tend to cry at Every. Single. Movie.

(return of the camera)

It's definitely worth a watch, if you like period dramas, comedy, love stories. You name it, its got it! 

xx

P.S Christmas Special brought a whole new world of heart ache and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings