Monday 20 February 2012

Review: Thick and Fast s&g

As I'm sure many of you are aware that in Elle Soap and Glory were "giving" away their Thick and Fast mascara which normally sells for £10. I thought I'd wait for a bit and do a proper review.


 However, I'm still quite undecided.


As you can (kind of) see the brush is really big. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.


I'm a wearer of two different types of mascara so when people complain about not getting into the corners I don't tend to find this a problem.

My real problem with this is you always have to have time to apply this. I had to quickly apply this before a lecture and it was a massive fail!

Clumpy! Gloopy!

This is a serious take your time over it mascara. If you do take your time it is actually really nice.

BUT worth £10 when there are others out there for less... no. I will not be buying this.

Take care my friends xxx

11 comments:

  1. Great review, I have this but haven't tried it out yet. It's great when you get products like this as freebies because when you don't like a product and have paid a decent price for it, it's never good.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm seriously glad I didn't but this on reflection :) xx

      Delete
  2. I bought this months Elle for the mascara too after I'd read good things about Soap & Glory. I thought it was a load of rubbish! I have cheaper Collection 2000 mascara's that do a better job ...at least we didn't pay the full £10 for it!

    Great, honest review! xx

    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely prefer some of my cheaper brands! This is not worth the price tag! xx

      Delete
  3. I love mascaras with big wands but this one doesn't sound too great especially for £10, it's a shame because the rest of the products seem to be really good X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of good things about the other products but this was just a fail for me :( xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad someone else thought this, I bought this on Sunday and I just really did not like how it looked, I prefer my lashes to look a bit more natural, but this one just made me look like I'd applied mascara about fourteen times! :)

    Back to my trusty 17 Peep Show that's a fraction of the original price of this one - and it's fantastic :)

    www.coffeeandrosesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd imagine there's a few of us who didn't like this, it's not the best. xx

      Delete
  5. very cute post, nice blog:D
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, yeh I would really say there are much better ones for less! xx

    ReplyDelete

Ramblings